FarCry - what really happened

Crysis meets FarCry - real maximum game
jack

FarCry - what really happened

Post by jack » 22 May 2019 12:37

Ok - this thread is for discussing all the aspects and pro and cons and ideas and somewhere else we will put up the skeleton lore and dress the timeline.
Should we have a first things first attitude or is it free for all and just dump your opinions, ideas whatever?

Maybe a good idea to sprinkle some of the FarCry concept art images in here.
There is an excellent Beta restoration mod over at moddb that brought a wealth of content.

UT44tTMrdIo.jpg
UT44tTMrdIo.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 138 times

IknowThis

Re: FarCry - what really happened

Post by IknowThis » 22 May 2019 13:40

I think it is a good thing that this is being brought up. My main concern is the Korean forces. How do they fit into the story? I think it should just be mercs and trigens.

douchebag

Post by douchebag » 22 May 2019 13:45

I am with knowitall on this - if you need to reskin them for the Jack part of the game, might as well do all of them. And all the tech and gear gets Krieger decals and done. How would you explain them not knowing about the labs when the 2 other islands are there?

roadiereloaded

Post by roadiereloaded » 22 May 2019 14:21

Good point so let’s think this through from the start. Now for the first part which is the original FarCry section if you like we need mercenaries. And crysis gives us Korean forces... now the most economic way to go would be to use them as is - could they be Philippine soldiers rented from the government, led by CIA funded mercenaries.

Ok it’s not the Philippines - Micronesia does not seem to have a big army ... Indonesia maybe? They have the islands ...

IknowThis

Post by IknowThis » 22 May 2019 14:48

I could live with that, yep. And that would then make the zone military protectorate right after jack. However, then you can’t really have the demo link level with the soldiers not knowing anything about the labs and the trigens. I would chuck that one and just make a teaser then.

nomad

Post by nomad » 23 May 2019 10:28

plus one.

... and, what about the 'open world' ambitions? I mean it's clear that Jacks story is played in sequence but the part where I go in, how are you going to cater to all possible approaches to the Island and getting to the main Krieger Lab? Could the player just go straight there and be done in 20 minutes? ...

nietzsche

Post by nietzsche » 23 May 2019 12:53

From what I understand, it is not clear if “open” is even doable. I get the idea of it but it comes with less enemies and less stuff to blow up. People are going to be bored I think...

jack

Post by jack » 23 May 2019 13:05

People are going to be bored I think...
Some people are going to be but so what? More will be frustrated because of the difficulty imho...

And you cannot decide before it’s tried - when all is in there is time to fix any boredom issues if need be