why do I have to steal me an assault scope?

Crysis meets FarCry - real maximum game
nietzsche
why do I have to steal me an assault scope?

Post by nietzsche » 10 Apr 2019 20:04

why don't I have an assault scope?

So I am this hightech billion dollar badass nano marine about to jump out of a plane with these other dudes and I have a scar rifle gun thing but it has iron sights or what they call it. And Sykes - one of the other dudes has a sniper scope on his scar thingy.

something is wrong here.
but not really. So in FarCry when you wake up as Jack you got nothing and that makes sense. Just escaped drowning with your boat and barely made it alive into that cave. Then you walk on, they tell you how to move, duck and so on and you get a cutscene telling you some dudes are looking for you (that cutscene should not be there, there should be nothing giving you an Idea of what is going on - the intro cutscene should have just shown the rocket flying to the boat and no mercenaries and Jack should have just been washed into that cave not escaping a fishing grenade, but I digress ...)

So then you come into this room that ruins the whole game by giving you DOYLE. ... well, most of it.
and in this room is a pistol, some ammunition, a grenade and an armoured vest, none of which should be there. (They should be in the mercenaries huts where you can steal them later, unless they catch you) - You and I know this but nobody asked us so there it is. If anyone ever makes a FarCry remake like what this reloaded dude is trying to pull off, they better not have that pistol or the Doyle smartphone in that room!

Now the idea of getting more powerful weapons and upgrades along the way is a mantra with these games. Gamers seem to want that and these days they can pay real money for DLC I hear, not surprised.

Of course the way to do it is to give the player the stuff they need for their mission (nano suit dude) or nothing (jack) and be done with it.

jack

Re: why do I have to steal me an assault scope?

Post by jack » 19 Apr 2019 15:08

I hear ya + one.
When that reloaded thing runs I want to have to sneak up to them merc huts and steal me a pea shooter or die trying.

nomad

Post by nomad » 19 Apr 2019 20:07

I know exactly what you mean. First they have this 'electronic' interference guess from the pilot cause weather is fine, right? then we jump out and I get hit by this alien cruising around the island - I mean, did that thing accidentally fly into me? And if not ...?
Then Aztec gets tangled by the parachute in the tree in perfect weather conditions and strength mode is broken ...
The rest of us is scattered all over the place in perfect weather conditions and Prophet"its the Alpha ZEPH!!!" master of ceremony blabbers and blabbers ... Embarrassing really. (Facepalm) ... and it only gets worse ... but who cares... just saying ...

So weird when you look at the level design - nature etc. outstanding really. - God tier.

Crysis Screenshot3.jpg
Crysis Screenshot3.jpg (628.83KiB)Viewed 1186 times

douchebag

Post by douchebag » 20 Apr 2019 08:47

Hey! I don't want to step on anybodies feelings ... but, is this for real? You are whining about the story etc of an old game? seriously? The way I see it you load the level, shoot all the other douchebags and come out top douchebag and load the next level ... You can turn off the music and blabbering and all is good or am I missing something? I don't need an assault scope btw.
Anyways, Crysis 2 and 3 are vastly superior to the first one. Just look at the graphics, and they come on consoles too in case you missed that. So there!

jack

Post by jack » 20 Apr 2019 08:48

@douchebag - PLONK!