Intel Mapping Contest Entries - 22 singleplayer maps

crysis singleplayer mods
nomad

Intel Mapping Contest Entries - 22 singleplayer maps

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 07:29

this thread is going to hold the 22 singleplayer maps from the ancient 2008 Intel Mapping Contest

here is the original 2008 winner announcement from WarpSpeed over at https://crytek.4thdimension.info
Singleplayer Winners Announcement
The jury voting took over two weeks and the decisions where even tougher to make. The final results where sometimes very close to each other and only small details decided between the different rankings. It was surprising and satisfying at the same time to see such a huge amount of high quality map. Every single contribution had its own unique style with its own ups and downs, but the overall creativity and design quality was just awesome.

The same goes for the cutscenes that sometimes easily reached the bar of professional development. Paired with funny interactions, own voice acting and great scene setup the cutscenes really made a lot of levels a piece of art.

So once again, thanks to everyone in the community who took the time to participate in this very unique contest. Your effort and contribution is highly appreciated by the community and the whole Crytek development team.
image.png
image.png (58.17 KiB) Viewed 618 times
McKoolIsland
This is my SinglePlayer Admission for the ICMC competition. I hope it is fun and challenging without being frustrating!Story: Nomad is being sent to a previously uninhabited remote Tropical Island to investigate...

Xiao Dang
Tensions betwween the United States and North Korea have reached the breaking point after the capture of two very well known nuclear scientists.In the race for nuclear supremecy the KPA have taken control of a small...

Induction
This is the second map I have made, took me the entire time since the beginning of the competition to the end to complete it. I have learned the majority of the editor during that time and I hope to continue making more...

Last_Orders
This is my entry for the SP ICMC. This is the longest time I’ve spent creating a single map…well for me anyway, as I can normally whip one out in a couple of days LOL.This little map was created on my very low spec...

Airfield
American transport plane suffered a wreck having the forced landing the island airfield. The island is occupied by the Korean landing troops.Your mission: Save the crew and the load.Changelog V1.1.0:fixes some minor...

Combat Training
After being hand Picked for special training in a remote training base called "The D.E.S.E.R.T" you are asked to follow all the instructions, and keep an open mind since things aren't always as they seem.Important...

Desert
My map for the ICMC SP contest.Have fun!!!Contact:For contact or problems:alex9.3( alex9.3@live.de )Features:a very big Desert*open world*objectivesnot only desert environment (river, canyon, jungle)over 1 hour...

Ghadir
Nomad has set up his own agency and your mission is to recover a package for your first client. Go Go Go! Features:ICMC mapInstallation guide: Go to your...

Unknown discoveries
Koreans have foudn something strange , something powerfull. Everything was fine with them doing research untill one high ranked korean soldier threatened to use those discoveries for bad cause. Now you are sent to...

Aftershock
I have put alot of time into the map, whilst learning the editor along the way. I hope you all enjoy the map and get a few laughs out of the cheesy voice acting too. :PCreditsMany thanks to the beta testers from...

Welcome to the Jungle
4 years ago, the NK's informed the US that they may have discovered a solution to the world oil crisis. They asked for assistance in setting up a research lab in the jungle, and stated that they were willing to form an...

Vulcano
According to our Intel, the North Koreans military have occupied this dead volcanic island and have built a Nuclear Weapons Facility somewhere in it's core, your orders are to find this facility, infiltrate it, and...

An Assassin's Job 2
Hi guys ! All right first off, keep in mind this is my second map ever ^^I have spent countless hundreds of hours creating this map (probably more then 600 hours but its not like i kept count xD) and even though i had...

Operation Neodym
Briefing:Our intelligence has detected the probable presence of a new weapon in an underground missile silo, some kind of experimental nuke with an vastly increased explosion radius. You have been sent to steal an...

Fear
So you are playing as nomad. And one day you come home and you see your wife murrdered, laying on the couch all in blood. Very hard time for nomad. And the criminal who did this was never found. :(One year later The...

Last Stand
Story :At the beginning of the time,there were two lead races that govern the space..One wanted to live in peace and the second insist on beeing the only one who would hace the leadership in the space and so the war...

Surreal
Surreal: The prologue with tactival gameplay and realistic environment.Features:Tactical gameplayRealistic environmentsAnd then some...Installation guide: Go to your Crysis game folder -> Electronic Arts -> Crytek ->...

Castaway
You are on a flight for North Korea when your plane is shot down. With the help of a scientist you liberate the KPA from the island.Features:Very cool island with a the best athmosphere evertons of FG scriptsa lot of...

WA
Koreans have taken over the small WA Island; Nomad must infiltrate and disable their AA system in preparation for the large scale invasion.Features:Small Island (512x512)Small file sizeLots of bad guys and even some...

Coast Tor
The American army moves from an aircraft carrier on coast and meets a bitter resistance of the Korean army. The map is the second level of campaign Cleaning of Islands 2.Related links:Cleaning of Islands for Far...

Cybirth: The Basecamp
Fight for your life as a hacker exploits you and your nanosuit for his own needs. Fight in the desert against your own comrades. Uncover a secret hidden within the Basecamp!Music used with permission from Andy Piney and...

PyschoTek_Survival
PyschoTek Series First Installation staying to the Crysis theme Power Struggle. Theres many ways to accomplish the mission, just avoid the sea, ground and air.. Features:Single Player Open Level / ObjectivesRiver...
Last edited by nomad on 17 Apr 2019 06:55, edited 33 times in total.

nomad

Vulcano - ICMC map by Helder Pinto

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 08:09

Operation Codename: Vulcano by Helder Pinto
Download link: 83MB vulcano.rar

Vulcano_promotional_picture.jpg
Vulcano_promotional_picture.jpg (335.7 KiB) Viewed 648 times

Single Player - Intel Crysis Mapping Contest - 17/06/2008
- Fun and Gameplay -
[HP] (Vulcano) Prize:
1x LIMITED CRYSIS DESKTOP PC based on Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme config.
---------------------------------------------------------
#1 Installation
#2 Mission Briefing
#3 General Information
#4 Features
#5 Personal Note
#6 Contact
---------------------------------------------------------

-1----Installation---------------------------------------
1. Make sure you have Crysis patch 1.2 installed, otherwise you wont be able to play the map.
2. Go to your Crysis game folder -> Electronic Arts -> Crytek -> Crysis -> Game -> Levels.
3. Copy the "Vulcano" folder from the downloaded file into the current game folder (Game/Levels).
4. Start Crysis
5. Open console and type in "con_restricted 0" (without "") to allow access to console commands
6. Load the map by typing in "map Vulcano" (Without "") and press Enter.

* Alternativily, you can download Crysis Launcher, a very easy to use level launcher!
Download here: dead link - crymod.org will fix that soon.

-2----Mission Briefing-----------------------------------

According to our Intel, the North Koreans military have occupied this
dead volcanic island and have built a Nuclear Weapons Facility somewhere in it's core,
your orders are to find this facility, infiltrate it, and discover a way to destroy it.

We have no detailed information about the Island, you're going to be deployed as far away from
enemy sightings as possible, after that, you are free to choose your course of action,
use whichever path you can find that leads into the center of the island.

Make use of the nano-suit, and adapt to the specific conditions of this rocky terrain.

To your aid, during the night, we have deployed three resupply drops with weapons,
ammunition and gadgets, make use of them if possible or necessary.

Over and out, god speed.

-3----General Information--------------------------------

Title : Operation Codename: Vulcano
Author : HÈlder Pinto aka [HP]
Home page : www.helderpinto.com

-4----Features--------------------------------------------

* Free roam on Crysis taken to another level.
A single main objective is given, It's up to you to decide which path you want to take,
and how you want to achieve it.

* Two different geographic endings, depending on how the player get's to the main objective.

* A wide range of arsenal spreaded throughout the island, and three supply drops hidden on
remote locations of the island.

* Around 1h:30m to 2h average play time.

-5----Personal Notes-------------------------------------

Took me around six months to finish this map, editor learning included in that time.
Now that I'm finished with it, I only hope you're gonna have as much fun playing it as I had
developing it.
I want to thank everyone who supported me, and always were willing to give me good and useful
feeback, especially the guys over at mapcore, you rock!
Without all these people, I'd never would have made it!

Beta testers and advisors:
hostmake
Adius_Omega
PaulH
FrieChamp
Buddy the designer
My beloved girlfriend!
(And everyone else, who posted good c&c on my threads)

Websites:
mapcore - http://forums.mapcore.net/ - dead link
Crymod - http://crymod.com/portal.php - dead link
Game Artist - http://www.game-artist.net/forums/ - might work

--

WARNING:
Be careful while using custom configs when playing this map.
Simply because I tweaked the ToD, and Ambient Occlusion,
to look the best with Default Crysis settings, therefor while using
custom configs, you might get very dark results.

Although, if you want to use my Ultra High Quality Config 1.3.1,
then please, insert the following command in the console, to ease up
the overall darkness of the map:

r_ssao_amount=0.2

Download
Ultra High Quality Custom Config [Version 1.3.1]
Download link: 9KB ultrahighqualitycfg_1.3.1

-6----CONTACT-------------------------------------------

helderhp@gmail.com

www.helderpinto.com
(c) 2008, HÈlder Pinto
Portugal
Last edited by nomad on 18 May 2019 08:02, edited 6 times in total.

nomad

Aftershock ICMC map by Douchbagman

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 09:13

Aftershock - Created by Douchbagman
Download link: 90MB aftershock.rar

aftershock.png
aftershock.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 517 times
Created for the Crytek Intel Mapping Contest
-------------------------

Installation:

Place the Aftershock folder in Crysis/Game/Levels.
Then run the Aftershock Shortcut found in the folder, or run Crysis and type "map Aftershock" (no "s)

-------------------------

All voice files of property of Douchbagman, please do not use them without my permission.

Many thanks to the maps beta testers from Crysis-Online.

Blablah
Smartino
James-Headcrab
SP_Kenny
z0mb1e
alfie

------------------------

Aftershock Mission Brief:

After the events of First Contact (Crysis 1) the Korean army had been moving more and more troops into the surrounding Island.
Your squad is sent in to try to discover the reason behind the increased military presence. This should be a
simple recon mission, in and out. The inteligence suggests that the Koreans have been moving alot more mining
equiptment onto the island, probably in search of more alien technology. If you can find proof that the Koreans
are either going to mine up more alien technology, or use the troops stationed on the island to stike at US forces in the
area then we will be left with no option but to launch an assault on the Korean Forces.

------------------------
Last edited by nomad on 11 Apr 2019 06:47, edited 3 times in total.

nomad

Combat Training ICMC map by Jubei

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 10:14

Author: Jubei
Combat Training
Download Link: 81MB combat-training.rar

combat-training-welcome.png
combat-training-welcome.png (951.59 KiB) Viewed 618 times

Single Player - Intel Crysis Mapping Contest - 17/06/2008

* Installation
* Story Synopsis
* Features
* Important Note
* Contact Information

-Story Synopsis-

After being hand Picked for special training in a remote training base called
"The D.E.S.E.R.T" you are asked to follow all the instructions, and keep an open mind since things aren't always as they seem.

-Features-

* Control your own pace and what weapons to train with, and how to approach situations
* Great re-playability value and every time try a new profession - Assault / Sniper / Stealth
* Immersive Story and Outstanding Dialog brings the world to life
* Squad Based Action and difficult situations to handle alone
* Realistic AI behavior - Both Friendly and Enemy AI
* About 30 minutes of Immersive Gameplay - loads of fun

-Important Notes-

The Six months of hard work was a blast, loads of fun and excitement, and many sleepless nights,

There are several Known Bugs related to the Script and AI, and there is a HotFix
on the Map's Thread Combat Training Crymod Thread

it is recommended to apply the fix which only takes a few minutes to do so,
and of course you can contact me via PM for any farther questions.

also i recommend to run the Map using the Crysis Launcher 0.8 and run the map from the "Mod"
section only highlighting the map on the right column.
there is a simple guide Here.

On a personal level ñ this has been the best experience for me
took my Game Design abilities to a whole new level, and I hope you will have just as much fun playing it as I did making it.

If you have any comments or feedback, please post in the thread, I would greatly appreciate it. - post here:

Combat Training Thread - outdated

-Credits and Thanks-
Created by Roy Shapira aka Jubei
Game Design / Story / Dialog by Roy Shapira aka Jubei

Beta Testers:
Adius_Omega
theBusDriver
Jlim
AndyGun

Voice Actors:
Jezixo
Mr. Watssman

Special Thanks:
For my Wife for both putting up with me during this project and her support

And everyone else who commented or advised on this long project.

Websites:
www.Crymod.com - dead link - you can view parts of the original crymod.com on archive.org ...
Combat Training Thread
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=30417 - dead link

-Contact Info-

jubei@bezeqint.net
http://designdeepgames.typepad.com - dead link - it seems...
Roy Shapira © 2008
Israel

Installation guide:

1. Go to your Crysis game folder -> Electronic Arts -> Crytek -> Crysis -> Game -> Levels.
2. Eventually backup existing levels with the same name.
3. Copy the level folder from the downloaded file into the current game folder (Game/Levels).
4. Start Crysis
5. Open console and type in "con_restricted 0" (without "") to allow access to console commands
6. Load your custom map by typing in "map mapname" (Without "") and press Enter.
7. Additionally you can use the Crytools Launcher to load your custom level.
Last edited by nomad on 10 Apr 2019 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

nomad

Castaway ICMC map by ZapWizard

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 13:58

Castaway by ZapWizard
Download link: 132MB castaway.rar

castaway.png
castaway.png (943.64 KiB) Viewed 588 times
castaway-screen.png
castaway-screen.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 588 times
You are on a flight for North Korea when your plane is shot down. With the help of a scientist you liberate the KPA from the island.Features:Very cool island with a the best athmosphere evertons of FG scriptsa lot of...

ZapWizard:
Castaway Island is a 2+ hour long single player map for Crysis.
It won "Most Creative Map" in a contest hosted by Intel and Crytek.
The island is 1:1 scale with the same island that the movie Castaway was filmed on.
The terrain was all done by hand using satellite photos as reference.

http://www.zapwizard.com/blog/
Last edited by nomad on 16 Aug 2019 10:46, edited 2 times in total.

nomad

Operation Neodym ICMC map by Nerv3

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 14:34

Map title: Operation Neodym
Download link: 114MB operation-neodym.rar

operation-neodym.png
operation-neodym.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 571 times

Gamemode: Singleplayer
Author: Nerv3

Contact/Feedback:
Email: nerv3@freenet.de

##################################################################################################################
############
############ Don't play this map in the editor play it ingame,
############ because there are certain things not working
############
##################################################################################################################

Installation guide:

1. Go to your Crysis game folder -> Electronic Arts -> Crytek -> Crysis -> Game -> Levels.
3. Copy the level folder from the downloaded file into the current game folder (Game/Levels).
4. Start Crysis
5. Open console and type in 'con_restricted 0' (without ' ') to allow access to console commands
6. Load your custom map by typing in 'map operation_neodym' (Without ' ') and press Enter.

############
############ make sure you have patch 1.2 or newer installed in order to get the custom objectives
############

Credits:

the sci_fi_ambient_02_industrial sound is made by AniCator
and distributed under following license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

the tail_158 sound is made by Jovica
and distributed under following license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

Special thanks to Jezixo for beta testing my map and giving me massive commentary and suggestions for my map !
Special thanks to =FGM= Geriba01

Voice acting: Jezixo and nova-

nuke model by Ivan [GO]

Legal Stuff:
You are allowed to distribute this map, provided you include the readme file,
and every other file in the level folder with
no modifications.
Don't use any of the sound files, textures or models included in the level folder without asking me for permission !

Please contact me if you want to upload the map somewhere.

intel crysis map contest prize for - fun and gameplay -
Nerv3
(Operation Neodym)
Prize:
1x Core™ 2 Extreme
Last edited by nomad on 10 Apr 2019 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

nomad

Induction ICMC map by Adius_Omega

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 15:59

Induction by Adius_Omega
Download link: induction.rar

induction.png
induction.png (327.56 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Story:
You wake up to find yourself in an unknown location with only small flashbacks of the previous occurances.
According to intel, all infantry is to be extracted from the area.

This is the second map I have made, took me the entire time since the beginning of the competition to the end to complete it. I have learned the majority of the editor during that time and I hope to continue making more...

Intel Crysis Mapping Contest - Special Award - Best Cutscene -
Prize: 1x flight to Crytek office

Credits:

Pine Trees: Exodus Mod Team
www.exodus-mod.com - dead link

Music (Where are we): Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com

Voiceovers:
ZapWizard
[DDB]Jey
=TFD=Osok
Jonodee (Jono Davidoff)
Jubei (Roy Shapira)
Jerixco (Jeremy)

Thanks guys!

And special thanks to Jubei
for teaching me so much about game design and nuclear bombs! =)
Last edited by nomad on 10 Apr 2019 16:45, edited 2 times in total.

nomad

Airfield ICMC map by ret1cent

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 16:40

Airfield by ret1cent
Download link: 56MB airfield.rar

airfield.png
airfield.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 535 times

Singleplayer map

Author: ret1cent
Email: ret1cent@yandex.ru

Installation:
- Unzip the level folder from the downloaded file into the current game folder (Game/Levels).
- Start Crysis
- Open console and type in "con_restricted 0" (without "") to allow access to console commands
- Load your custom map by typing in "map airfield" (without "") and press Enter.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Disable all mods before play!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You have problem with "Crashing game", try to:
1) Reload game\map
2) Load earlier checkpoint
3) Lower settings game
4) Clear out your savegames folder completely (My Documents\My Games\Crysis\SaveGames)

Intel Logo, core2 duo & core2 extreme copyright INTEL.

nomad

An Assassin's Job 2 by Shazmog

Post by nomad » 10 Apr 2019 17:07

An Assassin's Job 2 by Shazmog
Download link: 93MB an-assassins-job2.rar

assassins-job.png
assassins-job.png (1007.38 KiB) Viewed 513 times

=============================================================
==================== An Assassin's Job 2 ====================
========== The Assassination of Konstantin Ivanov ===========

Version 1.0: 16/06/2008 (ICMC map contest version)

Features:

- Fun factor: "one big, explosive, larger-than-life rush"
- Varied environment: Sea, beaches, plains, villages, construction sites, jungle and more
- Base jumping, helicopter duels, massive fire-fights
- Custom ToD (by Caro60)
- Great sense of freedom as the player can choose his own path
- The story "holds the player's interest right until the final showdown"
- Coherent scenario throughout the whole map
- 9 objectives, minimap, loading screen (the whole shebang)
- Around 1 hour and a half of gameplay
- Automatic save points
- Voice-over work featuring three different characters
- Custom soundtracks created especially for the map (by Crimson66 and Seamless)
- Multiple cutscenes throughout the level
- High attention to details with props set up differently in every house/area
- Very detailed environment
- The island is 2km≤ and 100% accessible
- Over 12300 objects (without counting vegetation)
- Over 200 enemies AIs (all with AIcover points to enhance their intelligence)

Installation guide:
4. Start Crysis
6. Load your custom map by typing in "map mapname" (Without "") and press Enter.

Beta testersí comments:

- "Even though you've chosen the clichÈd island setting, and the clichÈd "drop from a plane" intro, you've created a totally original experience"
- "Superb! Your map is incredibly fun to play"
- "I love this map, and some bits were more fun than I've ever had playing Crysis"
- "if you were looking for a visceral Hollywood style rush, you got it in spades"
- "The constant contact with the chief brings the map to life, whilst never falling into that recurring nightmare in which a radio contact tells you exactly what to do from second to second"

Credits:

All right, i have a lot of people to thanks on this one ! First of all, let me give a big thank you
to all the community members on Crymod and Crysis-France for their constant support and feedback on
pretty much anything ! You guys are making this game live on, and thats golden :)

Secondly, i would like to give some of my biggest thanks to Xpi (also known as Caro60) for coping with
my many demands, as he very kindly created the Time of Day for the map as my computer could not cope with
it, and for being my one and only alpha testor who had to try the map over and over and over again at its
first stages of development !

Thirdly, i would like to give many thanks to all my beta testors, namelly Job22, Touche a tout, Lagounet
and wareneo for giving me really helpfull feedback during the beta testing period !

Fourthly, a great thanks to Jezixo, who conducted an extremelly thorough review of the map, as well as did
an amazing job with the voice of the Chief for the map !

In addition, i would like to conduct many thanks to Seamless for his great piece of music for the intro
cutscene of the map, and even greater thanks to Crimson66 who created all the other pieces of music for the
other cutscenes, even two days before the contest deadline !

Thanks to my friends who supported and inspired me during the countless hundreds of hours i spent creating this map ! :p

I personally hope you guys have a great time playing the map, as its the end game of such a creation !

Shazmog

nomad

Ghadir by LunarBlue

Post by nomad » 11 Apr 2019 06:38

Ghadir by LunarBlue
Download link: 113MB ghadir.rar

ghadir.jpg
ghadir.jpg (322.77 KiB) Viewed 489 times

ICMC crysis singleplayer map
-----------------------------------
SP Ghadir Readme
-----------------------------------

Map title: Ghadir
Game: Crysis
Mode: Singleplayer

Author: Mikael "Lunar Blue" Paunila

Contact/Feedback:
Email: lunarblue@gmail.com
MSN: lunarblue@gmail.com

Installation:
Unzip ghadir.zip to your levels folder.

Mission Briefing:
Nomad has set up his own agency and your mission is to recover a package for your first client. Go Go Go!

Crytek and Intel for giving me a chance to win phat lootz!